Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

"The Kid Table"

Thanksgiving 2008



Stuffed Hubby


My precious baby girl



Thanksgiving was great! We were up at 8:30am, Emme and I got the turkey in the oven and the stuffing prepared. Then Mimi and Pops arrived...Emme was so excited to see Mimi she jumped up and down and screeched! Too cute. I love it when she recognizes and gets excited about seeing Mimi and Pops.

It was so fun having all the family here (except Bridget's family), and all the food turned out perfect (except the pies). The lunch was fabulous, but my pies were a mess. I made a cheesecake that became the joke of the day. It was all bumpy, and zit like! My buttermilk pie was like water. I think I am in need of a new buttermilk pie recipe. The last couple of times I have made it according to the directions it is pretty watery in the middle. At least everyone else brought a pie!

It was also a very special day because David's brother, Daniel, was with us for his first time. He has not exactly been around too much in the last 10 years. I think he enjoyed himself and the family.
After lunch, we all retired to the living room and I retired to the bedroom. I got a well deserved nap. It was marvelous. Then we all got up and went for round two.
I am so thankful for my wonderful and very close family. There is nothing better than my sisters and my growing relationship with my mother.
Happy T-day!

No comments: