Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ready for T-Day

I am so ready for Tday. It is going to be great. I am hosting this year, with a slightly smaller group than usual. My Mom and Dad are coming in on Thursday morning and then just my sister, Holly's family, J.D, my little Bro, and my bro-in-law, Dan. The house is clean, the tables are decorated, and the turkey is still thawing (oops), hopefully it will be ready for the oven in the morning!
It was so fun making a kids table. We pulled Emme's table from her playroom into the dining room. Emme and I got Fall fabric for the table cloth and Emme decorated placemats for her very best friends and cousins, Heidi and Hannah. The girls even get a candle on their table.
I have to confess...I snuck a piece of cheesecake already!!! It looked way funny, so I decided I should test it to make sure it was not poisonous! Hahaha!
Something else exciting going on is, my brother has been out with a girl twice in one day and is still with her. If you don't know, this is a big deal as his heart was broken a year ago when his Fiance cheated on him! Ugh! It hurt him bad as you can imagine. Plus he is a sensative guy, as you can expect growing up in a house with all girls. Anyways, he has recently, as in this week, kicked his ex to the curb and told her he no longer wants contact with her. This is big because he still had hope and she has been dating etc. but still calling him and texting with him daily. So Monday, we celebrated his independence. We are praying he does not resort back to talking to her again as we know he finds comfort and routine with her since they were together since high school. Keep praying he stays interested in other girls. The girl he is with tonight may not be girlfriend material, but at least he can keep his time filled. (not saying this girl isn't good, I actually think she is good, but maybe not together!)
David, my hubby, has had 2 huge fires today! I just talked to him and he is exhausted and his hands are killing him. It is so scary to see your hubby on the news at a huge explosive fire, but when he calls it is such relief. Hopefully he is able to get some rest tonight so he can help out in the morning with food prep and Emme!
Lunch is at 12 and then he can veg infront of football. I will skip the football and dig into the Christmas decor. Yeah, it can finally go up!
Happy Thanksgiving to all...be thankful for everything and everyone you have, there are some people out there that are not as luck as you. Count your blessings!

No comments: