Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Birthday!

Well, less than 2 hours and I will officially be 31 years old!!! Ugh, it sounds so old, but I still feel immature and very young! Not sure that is all a good thing!
Maybe a little something about me you did not know was that 31 years ago in 1978, there was a terrible and historical ice storm in Dallas. My mom had already planned to have me at home and had been seeing her midwife, Donna throughout the pregnancy. On the 30th,, my mom went into labor with me. The weather worsened and the power went out, so they send my Uncle Jeff out to Euless to pick up Donna, the Midwife. Uncle Jeff still remembers the treacherous drive going to get her. By around 6:30 am on December 31st, 1978, my mom gave birth to a very healthy baby girl, that's me! I was born at home with flashlights and a fire. Very crazy, but it made for a great story!
27 years after Donna delivered me, she assisted me in delivering my little Princess, Emme at home. Some people call us crazy, or careless, but to each their own!!
So here I am 31 years later with a great husband, Precious daughter, home, and everything we need, and our health, and I could not be more thankful. I hope for many many more years like this one. I am so happy with my life and family, friends, old and new!
Happy Birthday Me!!!

3 comments:

Tracey Sulak said...

I love that story and will ask my mother about my birth story. Makes me wonder...thanks for posting.

Inside of Healing said...

Happy Birthday!!! So if you are turning 31, that means I am going to very soon :(...

Thank goodness for Uncle Jeff!

Have a great Day,
Keri

The Drama Mama said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweet Becca! Dates/numbers tend to stick out in my head (Bridget always laughed at that about me!) and I think of you every New Year's Eve! I hope you have a great day celebrating, hun!!