Sunday, September 7, 2008

Busy Days

Emme assisting the cripple!
Peek a boo



Emme on Mimi and Pops "trashcycle". That is what we call a bike we found in the trash!

Miss E has been sick the last couple of days. We had gone so long since her surgery and she was fine, but then colds struck my brother and nieces, so E is now sick. She acted like she felt better today, but we did not chance is, and stayed home from church. Instead we went to Central Market to stock up on yummy fruits and veggies and of course try all the samples. Emme loved that part.
We have stayed busy lately. I have begum teaching the Prek class at Emme's MDO. It is pretty fun, but lots of work. Teachers definately don't get paid for all the hours they put in.
Last week, I suffered from excrutiating tooth pain. I went to the dentist and she said I needed a root canal. So of course no one could get me in until the following day. I went home and began the dosage of Lortab the Doc prescribed and was sicker than a dog. I threw up for hours in addition to my tooth pain. The worst part was when i wanted to sleep I had to remain sitting up or else my tooth got even more unbearable. Anyways, I finally went to the Endodontist and she said she did not think I needed to have a root canal. She sent me home in hopes that my tooth would get better. (this was Thursday) My mom had luckily come into town the day before and was able to take Emme and I back home with her. It was so fun for Emme. I of course laid there in agony over my tooth.
Mimi and E played hard. My mom called Emme her little shadow. Everywhere Mimi went, her Emme was sure to go!! They ran errands, visited Pops at school, swam, played outside, went over to visit GG and Papa (Emme's great grandparents and also my parents neighbor).
The funniest thing E learned at Mimi's was the "go Fishin" game the one that goes round and round and you have to stick you pole in the mouth while it is open. Anyways, she thought it was so fun to stick her finger in the mouth and then pretend to scream like the fish was eating her finger. She is a clever one. Also, mimi's light switches are lower so she got a stool and stood on it to turn the lights off and on.
Mimi was tired from our visit I am sure. We met David Monday morning had breakfast and Emme and I went home. Remember it is Monday (labor Day) and I am still in pain. So finally on Tuesday, we returned to MDO. I had to teach in pain still. I called the Endodontist as soon as they opened Tues morning and they could not see me until Wed at 11am. I wanted to cry! I made it thru Tuesday and Wed morning I dropped E at my sisters and headed for my appt. This is the 1st time I have evr really wanted to drop $1000 on a dang tooth! I arrived and the Doc looked at my tooth and said "lets do root canal". Ya Think?!!! I was releived of tooth and gum pain with in an hour! I loved handing over $1000 for that fix. I was so excited about sleeping laying down I couldn't stand it!.
On Thursday, David and I made plans to head to see my other sister for the night since her hubby was out of town and she like me hates to stay by herself. I got in my car to head to MDO Thurs morning and get a call from my mom, whom was already visiting my sister and planned to leave when we arrived. Anyways, she proceeded to explain how she was chasing gold balls with my nephew in the street and stepped on a curb failure and Broke her ankle!
Ah oh as Emme would say. So, David and I drove to pick her up and then take her car back home. We arrived back at my parents with mom in tow and her cast. So Emme got to be with Mimi again, only this time mimi's shadow stayed very still since mimi couldn't move too much. When mimi would try to walk on her crutches Emme would pull her crutches assisting her in her walk.
Well, that was a long post, but it had been awhile. We are now pain free and getting better, and back in our own beds for a while. Yeah!

No comments: