Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We are back.

Well, we are back. We took off on Monday to my sister, Bridget's house to visit her and her family. We had a great time. It is always fun to go to someone else's house and be treated like a guest. She made our meals, had our beds ready, and entertained us. It was quite a nice visit going downtown to shop. We made a big splurge purchase and bought Daddy some Jalepeno Pickles!!! A whole $5 bucks!
We returned yesterday and ran errands with Daddy. When Daddy is present, Emme is glued. She loves her Daddy to hold her or just give any attention. He is always so good to her, he lets her tag along on his errands and they almost always make a trip to Home Depot!
Today, we had a slow morning, I made breakfast, sipped coffee, and E ran around. Then we ran off to gymnastics. At gymnastics, Emme is a superstar! She loves the rope swing into the foam pit. She is the about one of the only ones in her class that will swing on the rope and fall into the foam pit. She loves it.
I mentioned I made breakfast...let me tell you what I made.,,Turkey sausage and eggs with butternut squash puree mixed in. Emme could not even taste it. I could not even taste it. While at my sisters, she introduced a cook book I had actually bought and gave to her written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife called Deceptively Delicious. It is a life saver for me. We have been struggling for the past 6 months when E learned she no longer wanted to eat things that were good for her....so now I can dump some veggie puree in everything she eats. You can use babyfood too, it is easier and faster. I also made an apple dip I fed to my very unhealthy brother. It was a peanut butter, chocolate, cream cheese dip with carrot puree. So quick and easy and he never knew!! You must get the book if your kids are picky like mine. Maybe I should get paid for my endorsement!!!
Well, I am off to clean the house while E naps, we have hair appointments this afternoon. I will be sure to send before and after shots of her locks! I love her with pig tails, but there is just something about a short bob I can't resist for her.

No comments: