Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

All the cousins swimming together! Patriotic Princess

Well, it's been a long time.....


We have been so busy with the surgery, company, the holiday, and now we can finally rest.


Yeah Right!!!


The fourth was so much fun. We got up Friday morning and Emme was in the parade for the city. She drove her little pink car all decorated patriotically. She enjoyed a lot of the ride, but after about a mile, she was hot and tired of sitting, so Daddy carried her to the end. Then we headed over to Aunt Holly's house for a day of swimming and eating.


Emme played in the pool all day and then got our showers and Heidi, Hannah, and Grant put on a mini fireworks show for us in Holly's yard. It is actually against the law, but we just had small stuff like sparklers and things that went on the ground.


Then it was off to bed for all of us. A day in the sun is so tiring for anyone, not to mention all the good food we munched on all day!


So now, my parents have gone home and we are back to normal everyday life. This morning we got up and went outside to play with the dogs. Yeah, you heard me right. We got Jorge back after missing him and feeling extremely guilty and we are allowing my brother, J.D to let his dog live here while he is in town doing his internship. So we played with Jorge and Hank, a 50 pound black lab puppy. Emme loves the puppies and gets really excited and makes her arms flap and really breathy yells "puppy, puppy, puppy etc..."


Then Heidi and Hannah came over and we loaded up and went to a park we had never been to before in Rowlett. It was wonderful and surprisingly enough it had a greater part of the park in the shade. The girls loved it. So now we are home and Emme is sound asleep in her bed and I can actually take a moment to myself and catch up before we have errands to run and a workout that must take place today!


Oh yeah, last week my parents were here all week, and that was wonderful. I absolutely love it when I am with my parents (never thought I would say that!). They make me feel safe and comfortable. The whole time they were here, they kept worrying about wearing out their welcome. They in fact never do and I can't wait until they come back!! My mom, Emme, and I mulched the flower beds and planted some new plants and then my dad and I helped David one day mow yards because his worker did not show up. My dad is a ver hard worker, and David said he wished my Dad could always help him because he is so fast and does a great job. Anyways, this week, we have David's brother staying with us. So needless to say, we have had a house full for a while. I think I am ready to go to someones house and be treated like a guest!!!!!





No comments: