Thursday, August 21, 2008

MINE

Wow, MINE... If I never hear that again, it will be too soon. Emme who will be 2 next month won't quit with the MINE and a fit. She had Heidi and Hannah over this morning for a couple of hours and said mine and threw a million fits. She is an only child so far and is looking like she may remain so. What do I do so that she does not become a Spoiled BRAT. Spoiled is okay, but not the brat part. I discipline and try to stay right on it, but she continues. What am I doing wrong, or is just her age that is causing this stage? I pray for a sweet, precious, baby with fabulous manners, and that she is easy to love and be with!
After the hours of MINE, we headed outside for a walk to the park to play and feed the ducks. Not only did we feed the ducks, but we fed the turtles, the gigantic catfish, and the minnows. Emme thought the ducks were great. She bocked at them like a chicken. Anything with a beak is a chicken of course. We also got to see lots of dogs through the fences as we walked. It is so fun and entertaining to watch her get a kick out of hearing a dog bark, or a ball on the ground in someones yard. Oh to be a 2 year old and think the simplest things are so wonderful. We are now home and Emme has a full peanut buttery belly and is fast asleep.
I love this time of day, now I can get caught up and plan for the second half of the day fun activities. Planning activities reminds me I can't wait for early fall. It reminds me of all the holidays that will soon be upon us and the weather gets so wonderful, we can actually go outside to play more with out soaking our clothes in sweat. Yeah, come on Fall.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Obviosuly I have no tips for you. You need Supernanny! No, I'm sure she's going through a phase and will get over this. You're such a good Mom for planning activities all throughout the day for her!

Hillin Household said...

I just saw your comment..How are you? Do you have a blog? I clicked on your name, but it would not allow me to view anything.